Chelsea news today




Chalobah reveals summer chat with Tuchel and shares desire of inspiring the next generation of Cobham talent



Chalobah spent last season on loan at French club Lorient and was perhaps expecting to be finding another loan club ahead of this season, before Thomas Tuchel decided to include him in pre-season.

It’s a decision that would now appear a well justified one, given his inclusion in many major games and his performance in the Chelsea defence.

‘Coming back knowing I had done well, all I wanted to do was keep myself fit,’ Trevoh reveals. ‘I didn’t know what I was doing when I came back, I didn’t know if I would go back out on loan.


Trevoh Chalobah believes that the trust and belief that head coach Thomas Tuchel has shown in Chelsea youngsters is a massive reason for his impressive debut season so far.

Chalobah spent last season on loan at French club Lorient and was perhaps expecting to be finding another loan club ahead of this season, before Thomas Tuchel decided to include him in pre-season.

It’s a decision that would now appear a well justified one, given his inclusion in many major games and his performance in the Chelsea defence.

‘Coming back knowing I had done well, all I wanted to do was keep myself fit,’ Trevoh reveals. ‘I didn’t know what I was doing when I came back, I didn’t know if I would go back out on loan. I played with them throughout all age groups and then I was seeing them play on television,’ Chalobah adds.

‘Training with those two [Mason and Reece] just bought back the days when I was training with them back in Academy days so yes, it made me feel confident and relaxed.’

Trev admits he is loving every minute working under boss Thomas Tuchel...

‘He gives opportunities, there has been a lot of young players that have trained, like Lewis Hall for example. There are opportunities there, that’s so good from the manager to give young players the chance.

Rudiger on his ‘all or nothing’ tackles and besting the ‘master of the dark side’ Suarez 

In the latest episode of the Like a Pro series, Antonio Rudiger provides insight into his recent highlights in a Chelsea shirt and talks us through the mentality behind some of his tussles on the pitch, including up against Luis Suarez in last season’s Champions League.

The passion, commitment and determination that Rudiger shows on the pitch every time he pulls on the Chelsea shirt have helped to cement his status as a firm favourite among the Blues supporters. It also ensures the German is never one to shy away from confrontation on the field, seeming to thrive on his desire to win any personal duels, although he insists it is never premeditated and he is careful to make sure he never crosses the line.



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post